Goodies

Courtesy of eBay I have built up a little stash of Seymour Duncan Blackouts active pickups. I've already got some in my Rhoads and I reckon I prefer them to EMGs. They seem to change hands for less than EMGs too, which is a bonus.

This is a neck/bridge set, a strat set and a single bridge. The middle and neck strat ones are the same pickups.

I'm thinking I'll make up an H/S set using one of the singles and the bridge AHB2 pinched from my Rhoads to go in one of my EC29s. The plan is to use a five way 'super switch' to toggle the 'high output' jumper on the two pickups in the intermediate positions and make it a little more versatile than just setting everything on 11 all the time.

The odd bridge (which is a bit scuffed) will go back in the Rhoads.

I'm not quite sure what I'll do with the matched pair, they were sort of bought on spec. because they were cheap. I could do another HSS set although something will end up with a bridge pickup in the wrong position if I do.

No comments: