Indie #14 - 'Custom shop flying V'

My aren't satin black guitars hard to photograph indoors without serious lights.

This is the big one from the Indie collection, my custom shop flying V. One of 16 produced it's essentially an Extreme Plus in a V shape with a licensed Floyd Rose.

Indie don't have the spec. for these on their website any more, but here's what I reckon it is.

Body: Solid mahogany
Body Top: Flamed maple
Body Binding: None
Neck: 5pcs mahogany
Neck Binding: None
Neck Construction: Set neck
Fingerboard: Ebony
Fingerboard Inlay: Tree of life
Headstock Binding: None
Head Machine: Grover locking
Top Nut: Locking
Bridge: Licensed Floyd Rose double locking tremolo
Hardware: Black
Pickups:2 Indie DV8
Electrics: 1 volume, 1 tone, 3-way, 2 min switch
Truss Rod: 2-way dual action
Scale Length/Frets: 635mm(25")/22 frets
Finish: Satin black


Sound wise, it's not got quite as dark a sound as the Extreme Plus which is probably down to the Floyd Rose. Although I've only ever played it on passive as the active pre-amp is faulty and it came like this. I spoke to Indie about getting it fixed and they were quite happy to get this done, but I haven't got around to dropping it off with them. I don't trust couriers. Every time I buy a guitar and have to get it shipped I worry about it until it's actually in my hands. If I can, I collect.

I like flying Vs. A lot.

2 comments:

stratobiker said...

It looks stunning! :)

.....until you get to the headstock. :(

I love Vees too.

SB

Nick Reynolds said...

Yes, the Indie headstock design is a bit nerdy and doesn't really suit it.