Indie #16 - 'G type' army green

Well I was playing a lot of AC/DC and this came up. The specs are pretty predictable...

Body: Solid Mahagony
Neck: Mahagony Set Neck
Fingerboard: Rosewood, 22 Fret, Scale: Length 24.3/4”
Headstock: Black, w/ Grover Machine Heads
Hardware: Chrome, Tune-O-Matic Stoptail
Pickups: Indie Custom
Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone, 3 Way Toggle Switch
Truss Rod: 2-Way Dual Action
Finish: Army Green


It's a very conventional SG copy apart from the slightly unusual colour. I'm not terribly keen on this Army Green Indie use for a couple of models but cheapskates can't be choosers.

When it arrived and I did my usual clean and re-string I found that the bridge bushes were slightly loose in the body. I'm not sure if this was a manufacturing issue or down to something the previous owner had done. Nevertheless as the damage wasn't bad I did the 'soldering iron and superglue' trick to swell then harden the wood and it was quickly fixed.

Sound wise it's much of a muchness with the Les Pauls that are the obvious thing to compare it with. I like the light body but this and the strap button position does make it somewhat neck heavy and prone to diving on a strap. I do like the good upper fret access, why aren't SGs more popular?

No comments: