Indie #13 - 'Two tone' blue & white stripe

This replaced a Vintage AV3H I had because well, it's just so much nicer.

Body: Hollow body
Body Top: Alder
Body Binding: Single cream
Neck: Hard maple
Neck Binding: Single cream
Neck Construction: Set neck
Fingerboard: Rosewood
Fingerboard Inlay: Square mother of pearl
Headstock Binding: None
Head Machine: Diecast chrome
Top Nut: Graphite
Bridge: Tune-o-matic with stop tail
Hardware: Gold or chrome
Pickups: 2 humbucker
Electrics: 2 volume, 2 tone,3-way toggle switch
Truss Rod: Standard
Scale Length/Frets: 628mm(24.7")/22 frets
Finish: Blue with White Stripes

The AV3 looked great with a flamed maple top in translucent red but the sound was very flat and uninspiring to my ears. This was probably just the pickups and could have been rectified by replacing them but I fancied a slightly more traditional 335 style guitar. It's noticeably bigger than the AV3 and apparently has 'mickey mouse ears' which means it's styled after a particular era 335. Not that I've noticed.

The M8 pickups in it are so much rockier sounding than you'd expect from a 335 so it suits me well.

The blue glitter finish with white 'shelby stripe' won't be to everyone's taste but it's the exact finish I wanted, having waited a while for one to come up. You can get custom semi-hollows in the same finish and I think I'd quite like one, even if it would be duplicating an existing guitar in my collection. It's not like this has stopped me buying multiple Les Pauls after all.

No comments: