The last couple of evenings I've been sorting out my Washburns. First up the red EC29 got the duff pot replaced. Sadly while doing this the Gibson bridge pickup that was in there seemed to fail with all the symptoms of a broken winding. I guess it's possible I tugged the wire and broke it but it seems a bit odd. I'd been very happy with this pickup and was surprised it was so good as I'd expected Gibson OEM stuff to be fairly lacklustre despite the high price tag on their guitars.
The dead pickup got replaced with a Seymour Duncan JBJ that came out of the KC90V when I bought it. It might not be F-spaced but it's the best 'classic rock' pickup I've got kicking around and will match the 'vintage hot' single coil in the neck position. Except it's really the middle position courtesy of the stupid length of the EC29 fretboard.
While I was in there I changed to a master volume/master tone/variable coil tap setup. This was at the suggestion of JayGee whose borrowing it prompted me to sort it out. If I was going to rewire it might as well try something new and it seems to work OK. Some day I'm going to have to do something about the cosmetics but for now I'll leave it as it is.
Next up I replaced the selector in the KC90V as it was knackered. I made a much tidier job than originally so I'm happier with it now.
Anyway, now to give the Goldtop some love.