All men play on ten

This afternoon I cranked the Nanovalve up to ten (it doesn't have numbers on the dial, but you know what I mean) in the kitchen and noodled around for half an hour or so.

I've really warmed to it recently but I think it definitely needs a better speaker. I must try it with a clean boost or wah before the input.

What is easy to forget is quite how loud 5W is in the house. My cat was not impressed and despite the snow went out to escape the din.

While I might lust after a Blackstar HT5S or HT1R I ought to make more use of the amps I already have. I spend so much playing time plugged into a computer using headphones that I forget what a dynamic, physical experience a real amp at volume is. My Indie IT-150 frankly scares the bejesus out of me and that's hardly a mental amp.

1 comment:

GTR Music said...

The Blackstar HT-1R Combo Amp is indeed a top guitar amp. All of the sounds of its big brothers but at bedroom volume. Inclusion of reverb is a plus this time although Ive played the HT-5S without reverb and you really dont notice it the sounds are that good. Go on, there's always room for one more : )