I went to Guitar Nation 2010...

...and all I got was this lousy truss rod cover.

Still, my savings breathe a sigh of relief.

It was far smaller than shows I've been to previously in London and Birmingham, which seems to be a symptom of the economic downturn. Nevertheless it was pretty lively, with a reasonable selection of exhibitors. Organisation was a bit shambolic first thing, they weren't really ready when they started letting people in and the whole 'early entry' ticket thing caused frustration in people who'd turned up to buy tickets on the day as the doors opened.

My friend wanted to have a look at a Gretsch Tim Armstrong but nobody had one and I wasn't looking for anything in particular. We were gone by 12:30, but it was still an OK day out. If I'd travelled a long way to it I'd have been slightly disappointed though.

No comments: